Friday, February 14, 2014

First Person Myth

I have decided that Ra, the sun God, has too much power. He should no longer be the overall ruler. When the dawn breaks I will travel to his house. The sun will rise soon and I have begun to travel towards his house.   As I approach the house a jolt of fear comes into, but I suppress my emotions.In the house of Ra there is a loud breathing being expelled from the sleeping God. A scent of old dust and man float through the air, as if he placed them there. As I approach Ra a sight of saliva running down his chin, it smells of rancid manly odors. I must get near enough to collect some of the vile saliva as he sleeps. The image of this all powerful God salivating in his sleep is quiet repulsive. I slowing get out the vile to hold his saliva, i lean over reaching towards a stream of saliva running from his chin; as I reach the chin a drip falls into the vile.
I leave the rancid house without a sound. I walk fairly far down the path, just past the view from Ra's house. The cork pulled from the top of the vile, I let the saliva slide from the tube into the soft slightly wet sand. It still smells of Ra. While the saliva begins to sweep into the ground I conjure up enough power to form the new animal that will persuade Ra in to telling me his secret name. A slithering snake spirals up from the earth, one bite and immense pain will fill the body. 
The path is just being lit with soft rays of sunlight, the scent of trees and dirt as Ra starts to leave his house at the same time as everyday. Also a new smell of the cobra, strong yet light and barely noticeable,I hope. The small amount of foliage glistening with drops of dew, a soft almost muddy feeling of the path's dirt under thy feet, it must have rained lately. Ra begins to turn around the corner. Soft purrs of the wind grazing the trees and tall grasses, animals awakening to the rise of the sun. A fresh scent of morning in the air around. The cobra I created shoots from the grass and strikes with a hiss as a cry of passion can be heard from Ra. He yells for help and I Ann the only other God capable of being him.
As I approach Ra he moans in pain, he asks for help. I deny him the help he so desperately needs. "I will not help you," I say, "But I'll make you a deal. If you reveal your secret name, then and only then will I take away the pain." Shocked by my deal he replies, "I cannot do that." I said, "Fine, then you may stay here suffering either until your death it you come to your senses." In a great surge of pain Ra gasps, "Please, can't you tell that I'm in pain?" In a snarky voice I state, "I offered you a deal, take it or leave it, your choice." As a sudden surge of pain jolts Ra upright he obliges to my wishes. As he reveals his name to me I  gain the power I  had desired all along. A deep breath from Ra expels the poisonous venom from his body. His relief comes at a price though, a portion of his power. That I now have.

2 comments:

  1. You made this post interesting from the first sentence, which is really cool, but you also carried the story really well and it was interesting all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you presented your myth, just don't forget to indent your paragraphs!:)

    ReplyDelete